France take on Belgium in the first semi finals clash of the 2018 FIFA World Cup on Tuesday at Saint Petersburg Stadium. Both teams are undefeated in this tournament and have some of best talent there is in world football and the encounter is expected to be a pretty exciting one.
France started their campaign with wins over Australia, Peru and followed it up with a 0-0 draw against Denmark. They conceded 3 goals against Argentina in the Round fo 16 but followed it up with a solid defensive performance against Uruguay in the quarters.
Belgian golden generation are finally living up to their expectation under Roberto Martinez. They have an 100% win record in this tournament and outplayed mighty Brazil in the quarter finals. Their attack has been in Brilliant form scoring 14 goals in 6 games this tournament.
- France will play a 4-3-3 while Belgium are expected to go with a 3-4-3 formation
- Les Blues might follow the counter attacking tactics which they effectively used against Argentina
- Both teams have been tactically very versatile in this tournament and might surprise us with some unexpected changes.
- Matuidi will return for France after sitting out the previous game due to suspension
- Belgium will miss Munier due to suspension and Chadli will shift to right wingback allowing Carasco to play on the left flank
France (4-3-3) – Lloris ; Pavard- Umtiti – Varane- Hernandez ; Tolisso – Kante – Poga ; Greizmann – Giroud – Mbappe
Belgium (3-4-3) Courtois; Vertonghen- Kompany – Alderweireld ; Chadli– Witsel – Felleini – Carasco ; Hazard – Lukaku – De Bruyne
A 2-1 win for France