England take on Croatia in the second semi finals of this World Cup at the Luzhniki Stadium on Wednesday. Both teams have surprised a lot of people to reach this stage of the World Cup ahead of many big guns.
England under Southgate have been very impressive, He picked the most inexperienced side in over 60 years and managed to do what their Golden generation couldnt as after years of under achievement in International stage England have finally managed to reach the semi finals of the grand stage.
Croatia have a 100% record at this World Cup, They defeated Nigeria and Iceland in the group stages and humiliated Argentina 3-0. They had thrilling victories over Denmark and hosts Russia on penalties in the knockout stage. They havent been at heir best in the knockout stages and the major reason for this is that they have not been clinical enough. They have got more shots than England but less on target compared to them.
- Croatia love to have the ball and dominate the midfield with The likes of Modric,Rakitic and Perisic. They will have more possession
- England will be expected to be a bit more cautious and play on counter attack
- England have been deadly at set peices and the Croatian defence will have a huge task in hand to stop them.
- Croatia have sacked assistant coach Ognjen Vukojevic for posting Political content against Russia online
- Croatia have doubts over fitness of goalkeeper Subasic and defender Sime Vrsaljko who suffered injuries against Russia
- England will have all their squad fit and available
England (3-5-1-1) Pickford; Walker-Stones-Maguire; Trippier –Alli- Henderson – Lingard- Young ; Sterling – Kane.
Croatia (4-5-1): Danijel Subasic; Sime Vrsaljko – Dejan Lovren – Domagoj Vida – Jedvaj; Ivan Rakitic – Marcelo Brozovic – Ante Rebic – Luka Modric – Ivan Perisic; Mario Mandzukic
A win for England on penalties