NAGALAND PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 9 PREVIEW
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Barak Flamingoz Vs Sangpang FC (Kohima)
Life Sports FC Vs Dimapur United (Kohima)
Dynamic FC Vs Kohima Komets FC (Dimapur)
FC Naga Tornadoes Vs Doyang FC (Dimapur)
Zonipang SA Vs New Market FC (Mokokchung)
MATCH OF THE WEEK:
Life Sports FC Vs Dimapur United FC
Venue: Kohima Local Ground
Kick-off: 2 pm
Life Sports FC: V Puro, Chenwang, S Salym, N Kapfo, K Kweho, D Maizamo, Daniel Lunghu, V Zhotso, C Kikon©, K Thou, J Khamrang, C Wangnao, Ngullie, T Haokip, T Ruivah, K Thopi, N Sale, M Sekhose.
Coach: William Koso
Current position: 4th
Dimapur United FC: Ikiho©, Phillip, Lulum, George, Sethpou, Rickden, Lanjangmei, Mosa, Gaisingam, Amir, David, Atoka, Jonah, Nito, Jacob, Katoho, Mamang, Kato.
Manager: Gangangpou Dangmei
Current position: 3rd
• Life Sports have drawn their last two matches and they currently sit 4th on the table, 8 points adrift of leaders FC Naga Tornadoes. In 8 matches, LSFC has won on three occasions, drew thrice and has lost two games.
• Dimapur United has the best defensive record in the league conceding only three goals in 8 games. They have won 6 and have lost twice and are currently placed 3rd, behind Barak Flamingoz on goal difference.
• LSFC trails DUFC by 6 points and a win will close down the 8 point gap. C Kikon’s role will be crucial again in this big clash. He is a versatile player and can operate centrally as well as on the right channel. Kikon has the ability to find the frontmen with quick, accurate passing and he will look to dictate play in the middle. T Haokip’s phenomenal scoring form continues and he has now netted times in just 8 matches.
• DUFC are just 2 points off the top spot and they will be determined to grab all three points and keep up the pressure on the leaders. David and Amir form a lethal striking partnership upfront and the duo will look to lead the team from the front and make early inroads. Rickden will orchestrate the play in the middle and will look to pull the strings for the strikers.
• LSFC Formation: 4-4-2. Key players: C Kikon, T Haokip.
• DUFC Formation: 4-4-2. Key players: Amir, Rickden.
LSFC : DUFC
- Goals scored: 16 14
- Goals Conceded: 7 3
- LSFC: LWWDD
- DUFC: WLWWL
Barak Flamingoz FC Vs Sangpang FC
Venue: Kohima Local Ground
Kick-off: 12 noon.
- Barak Flamingoz are on a roll after winning their last five league games and they are now placed 2nd on the table 2 points behind leaders FC Naga Tornadoes.
- Sangpang had a positive result against Life Sports last weekend after coming from behind to snatch a point in Kohima.
- Barak has a very impressive goal scoring record and they have found the back of the net 18 times. They have a good defensive record too having allowed just 4 goals in 8 games.
- Sangpang needs to work on their goal scoring ways as they have never scored more than a goal per game. They have conceded 5 goals and have scored a meager 7 goals in 8 games.
Barak Flamingoz FC: Velukho, Pemmi, Asian
Sangpang FC: Osen, Mayangmeren, Tongpangkokba
Barak Flamingoz FC: WWWWW
Sangpang FC: DWLLD
Barak Flamingoz FC: 2nd
Sangpang FC: 6th
Dynamic FC Vs Kohima Komets FC
Venue: DDSC Stadium, Dimapur.
Kick-off: 12 noon
- Dynamic FC had a decent outing last week after drawing with New Market FC in Dimapur. They are 9th on the table with 7 points from eight games.
- Kohima Komets lost out narrowly to Barak Flamingoz in Mokokchung last weekend. With 11 points, Kohima Komets are placed 5th on the table, 9 points behind the league leaders.
- Dynamic FC has scored just 5 times and has let in 13 goals in 8 games. They need to address their defensive issues as they have been found wanting against quality oppositions.
- Kohima Komets has so far scored 10 goals and conceded 7 times. The lads from Kohima need to inject more creativity in the middle of the park and the frontmen needs to be more clinical in front of goal.
Dynamic FC: Matthew, Chuba, Khenito
Kohima Komets FC: Akum, Asilie, Asito
Dynamic FC: LLLWD
Kohima Komets FC: LDWWL
Dynamic FC: 9th
Kohima Komets FC: 5th
FC Naga Tornadoes Vs Doyang FC
Venue: DDSC Stadium, Dimapur
Kick-off: 2 pm
- Eight games into the season, FC Naga Tornadoes sit on top with 18 points from 6 wins and two draws. They are the only unbeaten team in the league.
- Doyang FC are placed 7th on the table after winning twice, and drawing on 2 occasions.
- FC Naga Tornadoes share the top goal scoring record with Barak Flamingoz with 18 goals, and are equally effective at the back conceding only 4 goals.
- The Blue Assassins have netted 8 times and has let in an equal number of goals in 8 games.
FC Naga Tornadoes: Kivi, Ating, Mero
Doyang FC: Benri, Rovi, Aben
FC Naga Tornadoes: WWWDW
Doyang FC: WDLLL
FC Naga Tornadoes: 1st
Doyang FC: 7th
Zonipang SA Vs New Market FC
Venue: Imkongmeren Sports Complex, Mokokchung
Kick-off: 12 noon
- Zonipang earned three crucial points last weekend after edging out Doyang FC in Dimapur. They are now 7th on the table with 8 points.
- New Market FC put up their first points on board last weekend after a goalless draw against Dynamic FC. Still trailing at the bottom of the table, NMFC needs a win this weekend to boost their morale further halfway into the season.
- Zonipang have scored just 5 times and have let in 15 goals. They should be more defensively organized at the back and need to be more prolific upfront and find the goals consistently.
- New Market has to address their defensive weaknesses as they have let in 35 goals without a reply. Most importantly, they need to start finding the back of the net at the earliest if they are to grab maximum points in the upcoming matches.
Zonipang SA: Imlikokba, Aoyanger
New Market FC: Tosovi, Vitotuo
Zonipang SA: DLLLW
New Market FC: LLLLD
Zonipang SA: 8th
New Market FC: 10th
NPL Press Release