Indian football is lagging behind and is mere a dirty reflection of its glorious past. One of the reasons behind it is the poor attitude, incompetency and inefficiency of the many state football associations in India.
We received an email from a footballer of Rajasthan about the unfair process of selection that is going on for the Santosh Trophy 2012.
The allegations are as follows-
1. There is no advertisement about the selection trials for the team and hence most of the footballers are unaware of it.
are no leagues/competitions organized by the state association, not even district level ones.
3. There is no camp for players who will be representing the Rajasthan state.
If this is how the football is run by the states, then no wonder we are struggling in football internationally. Our dream to see the beautiful tricolor fluttering in a FIFA World Cup match will remain a dream.
But we will not let that happen. We will force the authorities to bring a CHANGE. Join with our movement and sign the online petition against the Rajasthan State Football Association ad-hoc committee.
Our demands are as follows:
1. Advertise in leading newspapers about the selection trials
2. Organize at least 7 days’ camp for the players
3. Organize tournaments in the state to give the players a platform to showcase their talent.
WE WANT CHANGE