France and Croatia score of in the 2018 World Cup finals on Sunday at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. France defeated Belgium 1-0 while Croatia beat England 2-1 in the extra time to reach the finals.
Croatia were often considered as outsiders for this tournament, They defeated Nigeria and Iceland in the group stages and humiliated Argentina 3-0. They had thrilling victories over Denmark and hosts Russia on penalties in the knockout stage and defeated England 2-1 in extra time.
France were one of the favourites entering this tournament, They have some of the best players in the world and most of them are yet to reach their prime. Deschamps have often been criticized for his defensive tactics but they have yielded him some great results. They defeated Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium in the knockout stages to reach the finals.
- The game will see a defensive French take on a Croatian side which loves to dominate the possession
- Croatia love to have the ball and dominate the midfield with The likes of Modric,Rakitic and Perisic They will have more possession
- France like they did in the previous knockout games will have a safety first approach and play on the counter attack
- Ivan Strinic who was injured against England is doubtful for Croatia
- France will have all their players available
France (4-3-3) – Lloris ; Pavard- Umtiti – Varane- Hernandez ; Matuidi – Kante – Poga ; Greizmann – Giroud – Mbappe
Croatia (4-5-1): Danijel Subasic; Sime Vrsaljko – Dejan Lovren – Domagoj Vida – Jedvaj; Ivan Rakitic – Marcelo Brozovic – Ante Rebic – Luka Modric – Ivan Perisic; Mario Mandzukic
A 2-1 victory for France