Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @joyptan i still believe that relegation should be scraped for a few years so that clubs can focus on whats really required(afc criteria, infrastructure, academy, promotion etc)
    But then 2nd division clubs will have no motivation to play for. and 1st division clubs will take it for granted also. Even if they lose each game by 10-0, there is no relegation.
    Bitch please, look at Bengaluru FC for gods sake. Ya, look at them losing every game and not giving a shit.

As for the 2nd Division clubs, we have been doing pro/rel for years now. They had there chance to prove that they could take India to the next level and other than Pune FC really no other club has managed to make the impact. Look at where we are at!
  • relegation should be scrapped immediately for the next 4 years and allow teams to look towards fulfilling club licensing criterions..
  • 4 years. What if a team doesn't care or does less in the next 2 years?
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited December 2013
    So appearantly BFC accepted some calls and I was bored and I was wondering what I would expect..Lo and behold ... I decided to call using Skype (gotta use that left-over credit..) and I called. There was confusion. His English wasn't good. I didn't know what to do. I said goodbye.

I called again.  They asked me where I was from in India and I told them Spain. He seemed taken back before but then say "Yeah, you're that Spaniard guy." Now.. I messaged BFC on Facebook after a win saying good job. Being supportive, etc. Appearantly, they passed word in the office that some "Spaniard likes BFC." so that what I was known as.

So the guy asked where I live at and I said USA. Then we talked about Indian football and how Subrata Pal's Danish adventure is doing for Indian football and whatnot and how BFC has one of the best websites in the I-League (they really do...) and they got a online shop coming in a few months.

Anyway, the guy then asks me some of my favorite BFC players and I say since I'm a goalkeeping man, I like Pawan but my fav has got to be India's Sunil Chhetri.

Then he goes like "You wanna talk to Sunil himself?" I go like "Are you serious?" and he's like "Yeah man, here you go." 

**click**

"Hello?" And I proceed to freak out saying like "Oh my god, is this really happening? It's Sunil! India's striker, etc." Basically having a fanboy attack. I finally calm myself down, explain who I am and I watch his games (and India's) at a terrible hour and all this meanwhile Sunil's saying thank you and being a REAL nice guy. I'm wishing him luck in games and wishing Bengaluru to stay atop and all that. I finally say to myself... Don't wanna annoy Sunil with such a long call!! So after about a minute of me mostly saying things and him sayig thanks.. I go like "well, I better leave you since you are an important man with things to do! Take care"

And that was the day I personally talked with Sunil Chhetri. Happened at 5:30 AM, USA Eastern Standard Time. One I will never forget.

Woo.......... oh, they also said to message them so they can send me a BFC jersey early.

Later, about 10 mins after call, I made a post on twitter how cool it was what they did and this happened:

One of the best days ever.
  • Damn nice dude....Must have been an awesome experience for you.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Wooh~! What an experience! Congrats @weka! You are getting your jersey finally!
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    @weka ..gr8 man!!!!!!!!! congratulations
  • nice experience @weka, hope we also get like this
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    Honestly guys, I feel bad. I mean, I didn't want to write up this expereince because it felt like I was gloating my "individuality." Like it was "I like Indian football AND I'm from Spain. I AM SO RARE. Treat me good." I feel like I get talked about because I am Spaniard (while true) but it's like... if the guy next to me has the same passion as me (or stronger), then let's all be supportive of one another. It's like... a girl and a gamer but even rarer. I realize my nationality but as a fan, we are one.

I wish you guys all have just as amazing experiences and maybe one day we can all meet up for a game (when I can travel........)
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Awesome ! BFC going to Fast now !