What foreign leagues should our Indian players join?

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited March 2012 in Indian Football Players
Just wondering which leagues we think our players can join and get good time.

For me it would be...

Thailand Premier League
Indonesia Premier League
Chinese Super League
V-League (Vietnam)

Major League Soccer
North American Soccer League

South African Premier League

Ukraine Premier League
Swiss Football League
Russian Premier League

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    But which player is good enough
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    do they have a choice!!!
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Thailand Premier League
    Indonesia Premier League
    Chinese Super League
    V-League (Vietnam)

Indian players can only make it to these league and that too GK's.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Thailand Premier League
    Indonesia Premier League
    Chinese Super League
    V-League (Vietnam)

Indian players can only make it to these league and that too GK's.

Subrata can make it in MLS.

Also guys like Sunil Chhetri, Jeje, Lalrindika, Manandeep, Raja, Subrata and Raju (if he regains form) can make it to the North American Soccer League (2nd Division of USA) and do well.
    7negi
  • J league, A league,
    portugeese league, greek league
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    J league, A league,
    portugeese league, greek league

That not now,maybe when I get married 7-8 years from now
    :\">
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    i think players need to take a route as soon as they can and forget about premier league for now..get into 2nd tier or 3rd tier european legaues..cyprus, romania, denmark etc and get some european experience under their belt..

like sunil trying at qpr, coventry and rangers..we all know he is not gonna get work permit and honestly not good enough for any of these sides, he couldnt start a single game mls..should head out even into asia, thailand, indonesia, malaysia or iran..much stronger league, good stadiums and quicker football.

for jeje i'd say move out to thailand in the summer, play a season and then move into likes of cyprus or something and then try belgium or holland...the work permit rules arent about to change anytime soon and india not getting into top 70 either..gotta make most of it...

likes of j-league and k-league are quite a distant dream too...the standard is too high for many from asia to move and play there..
  • Shah476 wrote: »
    i think players need to take a route as soon as they can and forget about premier league for now..get into 2nd tier or 3rd tier european legaues..cyprus, romania, denmark etc and get some european experience under their belt..

like sunil trying at qpr, coventry and rangers..we all know he is not gonna get work permit and honestly not good enough for any of these sides, he couldnt start a single game mls..should head out even into asia, thailand, indonesia, malaysia or iran..much stronger league, good stadiums and quicker football.

for jeje i'd say move out to thailand in the summer, play a season and then move into likes of cyprus or something and then try belgium or holland...the work permit rules arent about to change anytime soon and india not getting into top 70 either..gotta make most of it...

likes of j-league and k-league are quite a distant dream too...the standard is too high for many from asia to move and play there..
     <br><div><br></div><div>I agree on your Euro selections except for Denmark. Danish teams are the same as MLS teams with the exceptions of New York, Seattle, LA (2), and DC United. The Danish sides are on par with Sporting Kansas City.</div><div><br></div><div>I think if an Indian wants to come to the USA they should join the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the 2nd Division. The 2nd Division of the USA is still better than I-League and the player would be on a team that is right near the IMG players.</div><div><br></div><div>I agree about Asia. We should try the Indonesian area's or Thailand. Try playing for the team that is in the AFC Champions League group stage as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Also try joining the smaller teams in Europe. If an Indian wants to play in England they should look to play in the League of Ireland or Wales Premier League. Those are not fully-pro leagues but they are better than I-League.</div><div><br></div><div>Also I bet you Wim, if he becomes coach, will have connections with a few Dutch teams. Maybe instead of Sunil going now, he should wait till Wim is confirmed as coach and talk to Wim about him using connections in order to get into the Netherlands. Also I think Sunil should contact Rangers (same with Jeje) and talk to them about how they know about the financial situation and talk to them about both of them signing for Rangers and then straight away going on loan to a smaller Scottish team or maybe loan to another Euro team.</div>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    Malaysia Super league,V League,S League(Singapore) to be very precise.Very few players will make the cut even for these leagues.<br>
  • dip_anj wrote: »
    Malaysia Super league,V League,S League(Singapore) to be very precise.Very few players will make the cut even for these leagues.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>The Malaysia Super League is easier to make now due to the Malaysian Premier League. </div>