Robin Singh

sabirsabir 46 Points
edited February 2012 in Indian Football Players
I dont know how many of you believe Robin Singh should be included in Indian team, but after seeing him for two sessions I think he must be there atleast as a substitute. He is far better than Baljit Saini (he is not in first XI of EB) or Sushil Kumar. It is debatable whether he is better than Jeje or Sunil individually but I think his inclusion either with jeje or Sunil can bring more variation in Indian attack.

Pros- Tall 6'1", fit, good spot jump and heading (on per with jeje or Sunil), good shooting (definitely better than Jeje and Sunil), good passing (helped in many goals of Tolgay for EB)

Cons- He cant do anything with his right foot. Not as agile as Sunil or Jeje. Moody, leads a bohemian life which shift his focus.

Comments

• I dont know how many of you believe Robin Singh should be included in Indian team, but after seeing him for two sessions I think he must be there atleast as a substitute. He is far better than Baljit Saini (he is not in first XI of EB) or Sushil Kumar. It is debatable whether he is better than Jeje or Sunil individually but I think his inclusion either with jeje or Sunil can bring more variation in Indian attack.

Pros- Tall 6'1", fit, good spot jump and heading (on per with jeje or Sunil), good shooting (definitely better than Jeje and Sunil), good passing (helped in many goals of Tolgay for EB)

Cons- He cant do anything with his right foot. Not as agile as Sunil or Jeje. Moody, leads a bohemian life which shift his focus.

I would make him continue with the youth under-23's for now. I saw the highlights of the EB vs MB match and he had so many chances that he did not take. He needs to improve accuracy.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    I saw the match but I dont remember when he wasted many opportunities. Rather his shot some how saved by MB keeper. I hope you are not confusing him with David Gaw in highlight, they look very similar because of similarities in height , figure and colour... :) And Gaw really made some mess up that day.

What is your opinion of Baljit Saini or Sushil Kumar then? Have you seen highlights of their mistakes.... Baljit is often booed by their own supporter because of his stupid misses... I wish could find them in youtube.
    here som goals of Robin Singh-

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"> m -->
  • I saw the match but I dont remember when he wasted many opportunities. Rather his shot some how saved by MB keeper. I hope you are not confusing him with David Gaw in highlight, they look very similar because of similarities in height , figure and colour... :) And Gaw really made some mess up that day.

What is your opinion of Baljit Saini or Sushil Kumar then? Have you seen highlights of their mistakes.... Baljit is often booed by their own supporter because of his stupid misses... I wish could find them in youtube.
    here som goals of Robin Singh-

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"> m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never said that Sushil Singh and Baljit should be in the team. Anyway it was Robin, Robin is #23 isn't he
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Yes Robin is #23.
    I dont compare Robin with Sunil or Jeje right now, but there you need more than these two in national team. In that case Asim Biswas and Robin Singh should be in the team not Susil or Baljit. And I am saying this after watching him for two sessions. :)
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    Yes Robin is #23.
    I dont compare Robin with Sunil or Jeje right now, but there you need more than these two in national team. In that case Asim Biswas and Robin Singh should be in the team not Susil or Baljit. And I am saying this after watching him for two sessions. :)
    well the kind of goal Sushil scored against Aghans and the glimpses of great one touch and understanding with team mates makes him stay ahead of robin for a long time now in the coaches opinion..wat has he done wrong so far??
  • Yes Robin is #23.
    well the kind of goal Sushil scored against Aghans and the glimpses of great one touch and understanding with team mates makes him stay ahead of robin for a long time now in the coaches opinion..wat has he done wrong so far??

I think Sushil has the ability, its just a mental thing. I mean Sushil was 2nd leading scorer for Indians in I-League a few years ago
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    When Sushil first came to Mohun Bagan , Amal Dutta described him as new Baichung. However he couldnt justify that. He has every thing to be a good striker height, good figure, spot jump, good shooting but still he failed to make much impact. I dont know what was missing. Was it anticipation to be at right place at right time in the field? May be. Hope he will regularly show the sparckles that he did in SAFF final. With him we have a variation in the attack. We need atleast one tall striker in forward line.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    After seeing the SAFF Championship the one question that aroused my mind is "Should we Change to a one man Forward formation?"
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    After seeing the SAFF Championship the one question that aroused my mind is "Should we Change to a one man Forward formation?"
    That can be done provided-
    1) Your mid-fielders are fast to join in attack one opportunity is there.
    2) There are some good long range shooters.
    3) You have a good left back to relive Nabi so that he can be used as a left winger.

Inclusion of players like Sanju Pradhan, Snehashish Chakraberty and return of Mehtab Husain can make it possible. But, it is not possible with Miranda or Climax or Anthony Perreira.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    That can be done provided-
    1) Your mid-fielders are fast to join in attack one opportunity is there.
    2) There are some good long range shooters.
    3) You have a good left back to relive Nabi so that he can be used as a left winger.

Inclusion of players like Sanju Pradhan, Snehashish Chakraberty and return of Mehtab Husain can make it possible. But, it is not possible with Miranda or Climax or Anthony Perreira.

Savio is too conventional to try such things...