Player well being and salaries

Thought we begin this thread as there has been a lot of news over players being jobless, being payed less than they used to, if at all, and also about a players well being. These are very much important things that we need to get right if we are to really become a football nation.

The treatment of our players should be high and they deserve the salaries they should get.

Recently there was an article released by the Times of India about players wanting a minimum wage in the ISL, more Indian players in the ISL (14 to 18), and a change in player retention and auction/drafting.

arun

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I don't want to sound anti-players..... BUT markets have a way of correcting themselves. ..

INDIAN players have been overpaid for what they have earned over the past few years ...remember the days of Subrata Pal and Gouramangi Singh on 1 Cr at United Sports Club
    Lester Fernandez transfer for 1m5Cr for a 2 year deal
    Govin Singh for 38 Laks at Lajong..

ISL 1 was also at hugely inflated pruces by Football Edge...which is how they managed to undercut other agencies by offering to work for only 3.5%

The true reflection of these "stars" value is the fact that most will not be picked up post ISL by anyone !

The bigger issue in terms of loss of jobs & opportunities for footballers is the AFC criteria which has been the death knell for PSU clubs.

PSU clubs were always going to be a safety net ...insurance for a lot of young poor player's.

Why not allow PSU to play in 2nd Division...but not be allowed to qualify to I-League

Or why not allow PSU to have their own League ( call it I-League 3rd Division )

Most I-League clubs don't make money off the League.... by paying such ridiculous valuations for 3 month leagues...even safe clubs like Salgaocar mught consider throwing in the towel and there will be less jobs.

munna219777ArsenalFan700DXdeepakcgoalkeeparDeb_BanMichaelSouzareddevil87kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Reduction in the number of tournaments, Reduction in the number of clubs, Shortening of I-League, Removal of PSU clubs have all contributed to reduced salaries of Indian players.
    ArsenalFan700deepakcDeb_Bankartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You both are correct on the PSU clubs. I still believe they have no business in the top-flight but something should have been done to keep them involved... instead of moving them out of the league, we literally got rid of them. Institutional/PSU clubs are not the worst thing, specially in semi-pro/amateur sports.
    atuljgmunna219777kartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i definately agree with gaffer here. Markets always correct themselves based on the talent and performances you show. there are loads of avenues too where indian footballers havent ventured like playing abroad even at leagues in SE Asia and Other saff nations.

in a world where u have player agents, the question of minimum wage doesnt arise. if the players were centrally contracted under AIFF probably but that isnt happening so no question of minimum wages.

plus i would never forgive player agents driving up indian and foriegn players to cracy amounts over a crore a year. That puts pressure on ur remaining budgets and long term tasks such as youth development and scouting is taking a back seat.
    gaffertape
    Why? Why the hell did you need to post this picture on THIS THREAD?
    goalkeeparDomnicgaffertape
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    "Player well being"
    DomnicatuljgDeb_BanBrainFallINDIAEastBengalPridereddevil87arunkartik91shibierred_devil
    This is just a normal picture after the guy was training with FC Goa. Player well being would be more "this player is suffering after retirement from football, getting no help from AIFF or FPAI" or "This player, part of team X, is currently forced to live in a rubbish bin"

I understand though that Zohib is technically a free agent and its cool he is training with them but not exactly what should be put here.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Some of the salaries are literally quite low even the low level IT guys make more than that.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Churchill Brothers were one of the first clubs to inflate salaries. They forced the others to follow suit. And now when the salaries have reached realistic levels for the quality on display, people have a problem. Well, as per me, no Indian player apart from few deserve more than 10 lakhs.
    archakatuljgdeepakcDeb_BanDXSoham_Demunna219777karenesudhakar2050BrainFallINDIAgaffertapeand 7 others.