Federation Cup 2015-16

MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2971 Points
New season, new format. Would love to see open draw quarterfinals and open semi final draw. Would make this cup interesting with 5 games and complete within one month and single final will be icing on cake.
munna219777

Comments

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2971 Points
    as per the suggestions given by the I-league Committee and after consultaion with AFC, decided to hold the Federation Cup on a Home and Away basis for the season 2015/16. The top eight Teams as per the standings after the completion of the League would be participating in the Federation Cup.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    This tournament is not starting until I-league is over and not yet official... bit too early to start the thread dont you think??
    Format shouldn't be group wise, it will drag the season instead of that just open quarterfinal draw, open semifinal draw would make season interesting, short and sweet.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Gaffer said 8 versus 1, 7 versus 2 and so on.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why? Group Stage would give each team a guaranteed six games. Semi-finals could then be 2-legged, and then a final.

2 teams would play 9 games.

2 teams would play 8 games.

4 teams would play 6 games.

The I-League is 16 games so the Federation Cup would make it 22-25 games.
    In I league we would have played them, becomes overdose(with in 4 months) instead of that knockout home and away creates more curiousity and no dead rubber games.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    I thought federation cup was dead?
    munna219777
    Incredible India - Anything is possible. This is because AFC requirement
    munna219777deepakc
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    In case it is difficult to accommodate 2nd div side in Fed cup....atleast lets have a similar cup tie for the next 20 teams to give them more matches.

We can have 4 groups of 5 teams each. Each of these teams can get 8 extra matches. This cup can be held in march April......it wont be a bad idea to have the ISL teams playing here with 2-3 foreign recruits to develop sides for next season. 11 current 2nd div side, 9th place ileague team and 8 ISL sides.
    Deb_Ban
    Until merger we shouldn't worry much for more teams in fed cup
    deepakc