OMAN VS INDIA World Cup Qualifier | 13th October 2015

munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
edited October 2015 in Match Day Threads
India will lock horns with Oman on 13th October 2015. Kick Off time is 8:00 PM IST.

Venue is Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex at Muscat.

Oman has been undefeated so far in the Group - 2 Draws and 2 Victories for them. India will be coming to this game with 4 straight losses in Group stage so far.
namewtheld

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    edited October 2015
    live on Sony Six HD and Sony KIX
    munna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    After yesterdays match its quiet evident that that lack of matchbsharpnes is going to hurt us very badly. Most opponents have played 10-12 competitive matches.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    @deepakc Don't agree with match sharpness. What's hurting us is poor team selection, lack of tactical acumen from coaching staff and players, absolute under preparedness on and off field (mentally some players are putting ISL first) and the lack of talent or technical skills in the current lot of players.

I mean there is no way a Lyngdoh or Robin Singh or Francis merits a place in the NT. There is no way this team can even face Bhutan without preparatory camp forget central Asian or Middle East teams. There is no way SC should be a coach for our NT. And lastly, there is no way the national federation should prioritize a private league over NT. But alas, all this is happening and will continue to happen in foreseeable future.

I hope we can eek out a draw against Oman, a flash of brilliance from someone, lots of luck and a real real poor day for Oman can make it happen. #BacktheBlues
    deepakcArsenalFan700The real AGDeb_Banmunna219777goalkeeparNagendra
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited October 2015
    I gave it a thumbs-down because you seriously cannot be saying Lyngdoh doesn't deserve a place in the NT. 
    rudrareddevil87atuljgkartik91Nagendra
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Based on his performance at the last few matches he doesn't.
    goalkeeparAKB
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Lyngdoh is slow by international standards yes. But he is among the few technically sounded players in India currently. 
    atuljgkartik91Nagendra
  • Based on the performance in the last few matches, almost nobody bar Chhetri, Arnab and Jhingan merits a place in the NT.

Need I remind you that SC is the NT coach? Under him, it is difficult to judge players when he makes ludicrous decisions like playing Robin at LW and Lyngdoh at RW and Ganesh at CB.

I have no doubts when I say Lyngdoh is the best Indian central midfielder out there now. Miles ahead of Lenny who was the last regular play-making central midfielder. He is slow, but so is many other top central midfielders (Xavi, Fabregas, Kroos, etc) but the right team and coach brings the best out of them, like Westwood did at BFC.
    deepakcatuljgrudrakartik91deepuNagendra
    SC could hardly have chosen new talent.....where would he search?? Remember its October and NO National football was allowed as #IMG wanted to tap into the festive season.

The fans are as much to blame as SC for allowing the domestic football to be completely slaughtered for #IMG
    When was the last time PP /Kaushal laid out a real concrete plan to develop NT at all levels.....all we have seen is cost cutting exercises.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Stephen Constantine never allowed Lyngdoh to play his natural game. Constantine would either deploy him as a Central defensive midfield or in the wings.

Constantine wants Lyngdoh to give long balls to the wings or to put in crosses from the wings which is simply not his game. Lyngdoh is a box to box midfielder and if Constantine doesn't want that kind of a player, he shouldn't choose Lyngdoh.
    deepakcThe real AGkartik91munna219777Nagendra