2014-15 I-League Round 9: MID-WEEK I-LEAGUE ACTION!!!

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
We are close the half-way mark here in the 2014-15 I-League season and currently it is anyones guess on who can come out on top at the end. The current leaders, Pune, are off this round so there is a high chance that we will end this round with a new leader. Only two teams can climb ahead of Pune and those two are Mohun Bagan and Bengaluru FC. The other two teams who mathematically could, Royal Wahingdoh and East Bengal, can not this week as their match against each other is postponed to the end of the month. So... can either Sanjoy Sen or Ashley Westwood come out on top this round? Lets find out.

The round will commence Tuesday with the opening afternoon match being between Salgaocar and Shillong Lajong. The hosts are coming off a 2-0 defeat to Bharat FC in Round 7 but will be hoping their recent bye week was enough to help them start afresh and thus go into the halfway point satisfied. Meanwhile, their opponents are coming off playing one of the highest scoring matches of the season but still ending in defeat after they lost 4-3 to Mohun Bagan at home. Thangboi Singto will be hoping for a better defensive performance from his side as they aim to break into the top 7 in the standings.

The later game will feature Mumbai FC hosting the reigning champions, Bengaluru FC at the Cooperage Ground. The Cooperage Ground has proven to be a fortress for Mumbai FC this season as they have yet to lose at home this season. Ashley Westwood's men will be hoping to win here though and climb up to first place in the I-League standings for a day at least. Both teams come into this match after winning their last games away from home by two goal margins.

Wednesday will feature another two games. The first one being between Dempo and Mohun Bagan. Arthur Papas and his men will look to recover from the beating they suffered last round against East Bengal while Mohun Bagan will hope to batter them while they are down. Bagan come into this match after two big games, outscoring their opponents 8-4. A victory here would put Sanjoy Sen's men on top, ahead of both Pune and Bengaluru FC.

The final match of the round this week will be between Bharat FC and Sporting Goa. Both teams will see this game as a must win as both are at the bottom of the table. Loser ends up at the bottom while the winner moves up the table. Both clubs come into this match having lost their previous games but Bharat FC will hold the home advantage. Will this help them or will it just be another defeat for the new club this season?

Royal Wahingdoh and East Bengal is postponed to the 31st of March. Pune have a bye.

Matches:
Tuesday, 3 March 2015:
- Salgaocar vs. Shillong Lajong (Fatorda Stadium; 16:30).
- Mumbai FC vs. Bengaluru FC (Cooperage Ground; 19:00).

Wednesday, 4 March 2015:
- Dempo vs. Mohun Bagan (Fatorda Stadium; 19:00).
- Bharat FC vs. Sporting Goa (Balewadi Sports Complex; 19:00).

Tuesday, 31 March 2015:
- Royal Wahingdoh vs. East Bengal (Nehru Stadium; 16:30).

Bye: Pune.
7negimunna219777Maddiebida 25 rudrareddevil87

Comments