Indian Super League 2015

usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
edited December 2014 in Indian Super League
Discuss Indian Super League 2015 or ISL 2015 relate news, rumours, transfer gossips and every other general news and views on this thread. For discussion on the 2015 season of ISL for a specific ISL Club, go to their respective threads

potential dates
http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-super-league-2014/news/234887-indian-super-league-s-2015-edition-to-be-played-between-september-december-aiff

To protect players, ISL to be stretched longer in 2015 - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/to-protect-players-isl-to-be-stretched-longer-in-2015/#sthash.oj0Otphc.dpuf

munna219777

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yep, although that thread was meant to be more of a "Lets review the first season and what we think should happen for the 2nd season" and whenever there is news regarding changes we can discuss them in relation to "Season T".

Not sure where to go with that now.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    No need for this thread. We have thread for Post season T.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Good to have this thread for the buildup to the league. Make no doubts about it that Season 2 is going to be more crucial than first season due to the expectations not only to keep up the same standards on everything but also to show obvious improvements while keeping the essence of it intact.

Plus vultures are flying to criticise any slip ups.

My expectations for season 2 :
    1. Keep away the draft systems, Like everyone knows the franchises have done very well in drafting there own players.
    2. Owners to take a backseat while players and fans take centre stage. I understand "Owners" were required to identify and bring the neutral fan, But the franchises now are growing themselves into marketable brands. So cringeworthy to see Abhishek do the Lungi dance, Love his enthusiasm but that doesnot connect with Chennai people.
    3. Longer schedule, Helps players to recuperate but more importantly can result in a smaller roster, Not many noticed that injury was used as a loophole to bring in players for the remaining schedule. Which unfortunately backfired for a team like chennai (Bringing in Nesta for Mendoza) but imagine rest other team had done and it worked?
    4. Baby steps towards AIFF licencing criteria. I love to see the franchises take baby steps towards eventual Licensing criteria fulfillment by 2016-2017.
    5. Bring in Bangalore (A must) better if it is under JSW to ensure continuity and probably a team from Andhra and or Punjab. Although the Initial 8 franchises need to stick together so it doesnt happen like IPL where fanchises fall like flies. These 8 cities plus Bangalore need to be core centre of what ever IMG/AIFF need to do for football in India.
    6. Keep the same prices, The ticket cost was attractive enough to have a decent atmosphere, Unlike a IPL where high prices have slowly squeezed out a section of Fans.
    Agree with most except for Bengaluru FC. The amount of investment and change that would need to occur for Bengaluru FC to even be ready for the ISL would be massive. I would rather the club stay in I-League for a couple more years, invest some more in youth development, and then join the ISL when all that is established.

Also, don't expand the league rapidly. Everyone is so quick to want the ISL to grow but you still have problems with the eight current teams. Lets get these teams stable before adding new teams. These teams still need to establish themselves in the community. Delhi Dynamos need a drastic change from the logo to that stupid hashtag. Mumbai City FC need to refresh their brand, lovely logo but shit kits. NorthEast United also had shit home kits. FC Pune City needs to work on why the fans are not coming in and change the way they market to fans.

Atletico de Kolkata, FC Goa, Kerala Blasters and Chennaiyin seem to be the best placed teams out of the eight.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    I hope they have better preseason games and keep the hype around the year so that people dont forget .
    any rumors on possible new franchies
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    No new franchises...but NEUFC might be overhauled or shifted !
    jithuvarchakreddevil87namewtheld
    Good. Again, we should stabilize the current batch before moving for more. NorthEast United I am not entirely shocked about. They have such a bland brand. The name is perfect but the brand itself just seems bland. Also the stadium seems to be the most underwhelming.