Is Indian football really developing?

mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
edited June 2014 in Indian Football Team

india is devolpoing that's what we are saying but I don't feel we have a future in football

bad coaches

an I-league which isn't developing

fantasy development

no help from clubs many clubs are run for tax exemption

poor foriegners

poor national team

aiff is just namesake no real development shown

age fraud youth teams

7negipreetamdeepak dedha

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points

we are just being shown fanatasy development

7negipreetam
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Well development is occuring but it is at a much slower than what is being showcased via the aiff match reports and secondly the rate at which other countries are improving are much higher... So u feel like there is no development
    Deb_Ban
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    U17 wc will prove how much we hav developed by result of u17 team and infrastructure...
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    There has been some improvement in infrastructure in last year or so. We have 3 stadiums in Goa, 2 with Floodlights. We got good stadiums in Delhi (JLN, Ambedkar), Pune, Calcutta (Salt Lake, Barasat), Shillong with Floodlights. I-League has venues in North East. Mumbai Cooperage case has been an eyesore in infrastructure story of Indian Football. Lets see that how they will tackle this ISL crisis this year.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    India has developed so much in football in the last 10 years. Sure, from afar it does not look like it but if you look closely it has come a long way and the only reason it has not really shown is because other nations near by have also risen in the last few years.

A few years ago it was all about Kolkata and Goa while every other state or city was ignored or not really given a look. Now we have discovered new hotbeds in the North-East with Assam, Shillong, Mizoram, and somewhat Nagaland rising to the challenge. We have also managed to see successes on and off the field in Bangalore and Delhi has also shown that potentially it can be a success if a team is managed well through how well the city draws for the national team and Durand Cup.

Pune and Mumbai have also got teams now but both clubs have not taken advantage of their locations yet. Mumbai may be hurt by not playing in Mumbai by force but the club has still done a horrible job in running the team in the financial capital of the country. Mumbai has the power to be as big as a club from London, Madrid, or New York City is but the proper organization has not shown up yet. Pune meanwhile has not been done right. Bengaluru FC and the crowd from the Blackburn Rovers game exposes how bad Pune FC have been at managing the club. We have also heard things from @gaffertape that shows that while Pune FC may talk up their "professionalism" and may actually be our first "pro" club they are still an inept organization.

Player wise we have improved. Youth development has started to become a focus and things like infrastructure and age cheating have become important issues we are working to tackle. Also the foreigners we sign have become better as well. We have gone from considering signings like Muratala Ali or Henry Ezeh as normal signings to having guys who used to play in the A-League, League Two of England, or J. League D2 be regular signings in the I-League. That is an amazing improvement and this has only happened in the last 3 years. Also coaches have become more professional with guys like Ashley Westwood and Oscar Bruzon coming in and overshadowing old guys like Chima Okore or Sukhwinder Singh.

Meanwhile, football overall has taken a massive step forward with more European games being shown than ever and more games from Asia. The A-League recently signed a deal to have games shown on TEN Action! Clubs like Hoffenheim or Bayern Munich are willing to come into the country to spread their market power and more and more domestic corporates like JSW or Tata Motors and stars like John Abraham and foreign clubs like Atletico Madrid are willing to come to India and invest in football. This is massive and something the AIFF should take advantage of.

The only area we are failing to deliver in is the national team. I personally believe Wim Koevermans is the right man to lead India forward but at the same time I feel he is being let down by the AIFF. He has not chance of choosing his own staff, he is being forced to manage the U23 side now for the Asian Games, and I am sure he has no voice over the squad, training facilities, or even games. He probabaly is asked for an opinion but I doubt he gets the final word. I mean, we have not even played a game since March and that was against Bangladesh in Goa in which we barely had any time to practice... and we expected a win! Hell, we were winning until the end anyway.... either way, the point it that the India national team is not doing well right now but it will get better. Slowly things are improving. We are playing more games on FIFA set days and more media focus is being put on the team.

Overall Indian football is on the up, there are things that you can say are pushing it down like ISL or sometimes to corrupt officials but as a whole we are improving, just slowly and what we need to have now is patience and take every news story that comes out positive as a sign of a better future.
    munna2197777negicoolgaganDeb_Bangopiajeeshpreetam
    The devolopment u talking is nothing before devoelopment of malaysia vietnam thailand indonesia

We are been shown fanatsy devolopment our teams are age fraud big age fraud under 19 team is under 25
    We have a bad league just check Thai league Buriram United signed Venezuela international linked wIHT former bargain player who played 200+ times for Barack and won erdivese this season with Ajax Bojan krkick

I'm not saying I-league should sign thse players but players atleast have half there quality

Players like Odafa and Ranty won't even get into Thai league

Players from English 4th division like Jhonson become hit in I-league and playerswho had 100+ appearance in EPL ,CHAMPIONSHIP like Jay Simpson under perform in Thai League

Our clubs getting beaten buy BangladeshI club in our own home badly
    We have a bad league just check Thai league Buriram United signed Venezuela international linked wIHT former bargain player who played 200+ times for Barack and won erdivese this season with Ajax Bojan krkick

I'm not saying I-league should sign thse players but players atleast have half there quality

Players like Odafa and Ranty won't even get into Thai league

Players from English 4th division like Jhonson become hit in I-league and playerswho had 100+ appearance in EPL ,CHAMPIONSHIP like Jay Simpson under perform in Thai League

Our clubs getting beaten buy BangladeshI club in our own home badly
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Mohammedan_87Hassan Wow! Is that why Buriram United is struggling still in the Thai League?

Guys like Jay Simpson and Jay Bothroyd and thus top Spanish and Latin Americans are all the exceptions in the Thai League. Do some research and you will see that the regular foreigners are pretty much at the same level as a John Johnson or Darryl Duffy.

And we did not even lose! We drew with Bangladesh and we were winning till the last minute and honestly who gives a flying fuck, that was a friendly match of football, the result does not matter unless we lost by a massive margin. England managed to beat Spain in a friendly... are they better than Spain? No. The United States managed to beat Spain in 09... are the US better than Spain... no.

This is why I needed to take a sabatical from this forum. You guys are to negative about Indian football and do not do any research at all. You look at Indian football from afar and see a bleak future yet fail to look for any positives or close detail. This is the wrong attitude. I pleade with you to change your views because honestly Indian football is on the rise and it will eventually become big.

Like I said, a city like Mumbai or Delhi or Bangalore or Kolkata has a chance to house a club as big as Real Madrid or Arsenal or FC Tokyo and the I-League or any properly ran domestic league in India has the chance to become as big as the NFL in America (If you like 65,000 fans a game at every stadium!) Just need patiance.
    goalkeeparjithuv
    I mean bangladeshi club trashing east bengal
    dhritiman7